AA | 7:30pm
| $Free and open to the public
This event is co-sponsored by the PSU Department of Music and Institute for Asian Studies.
• Dr. Ae Soon Sung, gayageum performer, Traditonal Music Dept, Chonnam National University, South Korea;
• Dr. Hyun Ok Moon, pianist, Music Dept., Chonnam National University, South Korea;
• Dr. Hyun Su Chung, composer, Music Dept., Chonnam National University, South Korea;
• and Dr. Julia Hwakyu Lee, adjunct professor of piano at Portland State University.
The program consists of works by Hyun-Sue Chung for piano and gayageum, including:
• Sung Geum-yeon School Gayagem Sanjo
• Hyun-Sue Chung Heung for piano solo (world premier)
• Hyun-Sue Chung Elegeiā for gayagum & piano (world premier)
• Hyun-Sue Chung TrillArirang for four hands piano (world premier)
This series was developed by Dr. Wynn Kiyama, assistant professor of musicology and ethnomusicology; Dr. Julia Lee, adjunct professor of piano; and Katherine Morrow, program administrator of the Institute for Asian Studies.
Link your flickr photoset or, if you don't have a (free) flickr account
get in contact with us and we'll work with you to get it posted.
lincoln performance hall
1620 SW Park Ave. Portland, OR
TriMet maps will load in a new window.
Post Your Photoset
If you would like to comment on this page, please leave a comment in the box in the main content area and it will appear
in the shoutbox complete with linkage.
Simply hover over any band you're interested in and we'll pull up a bio and some links for you. Hide this